Recipe: Apple-Cherry Crepe Purse0
Try this yummy breakfast recipe and serve mom a special Mother’s Day breakfast in bed…
- 2 Kontos French-Style Traditional Crepes (or make your own from scratch)
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cubed and stewed with a dash of cinnamon
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- ½ teaspoon of butter
- Navel orange peel
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Cut the apples into small cubes, stew lightly with a dash of cinnamon.
- Drain stewed apples, mix with one can of cherry pie filling.
- Warm the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Open your second can of cherry pie filling and lift out cherries. Set the cherries aside for garnish.
- Cut a thin orange peel strip from your navel orange peel – making the strip as long as possible – set aside.
- Warm your Kontos French-style crepes in a lightly buttered skillet for one minute each side.
- Lay each crepe flat. Arrange apple-cherry filling in center of crepe and bring up edges of crepe to center.
- Pick up edges of crepe, twist gently to enclose filling.
- Tie the orange peel strip around the crepe to form a purse.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with four or five cherries and mint leaves.
- Note: Double or triple the recipe for larger parties. For an extra-special treat, try drizzling with caramel sauce or top with a dollop of whipped cream.