Baby Shower & New Parent Gift Ideas0
Beyond the baby registry… Consider going in on a gift with others so you can give the new parents something special and unique!
- For a photography sitting that includes an 8×10 photo of the new baby.
- To a restaurant for the new parents for the first date night after the baby.
- To a great take-out restaurant for those tired parents who do not want to cook.
- For an errand service to deliver their groceries to their door.
Check in our Services section…they can deliver milk, perishables, diapers and much more….
- A gift certificate for a spa service for some pampering after the baby arrives.
Go to our Health & Fitness area to find spas that even provide free child care.
- For a personal chef that can drop off as many dinners as you would like. A nice way for parents to get both a great dinner without having to go out and get a babysitter.
- A gift certificate for housecleaning.
BABY SHOWER GIFTS
- Clothes and blankets are always wonderful for first time parents. If you are buying clothes, don’t always get the newborn sizes. They grow out of these quickly and will need some of the larger sizes. Make sure to think of what season you are buying for so you get the correct size. If the baby will be 12 months during the winter, don’t buy a 12-18 month bathing suit.
- Often though parents need some of the bigger items (strollers, cribs, exersaucers, etc.). It is great to get several friends or family members to go in on one of the these.
- Another item needed by many expecting parents is a camera or video camera. This makes a great group gift. Even if it means getting them a certificate to put towards the item.
- Magazine subscriptions are a great gift idea especially for friends that are out of town. There are wonderful family magazines for new parents and children’s magazines for kids birthdays.