Party Planning – Keeping the kids entertained0
Get creative with the games but make sure they are age appropriate. Better to plan more games even if you do not end up doing them all. You may find certain games don’t go over as quickly and therefor don’t take long.
SHARE YOUR GAME IDEAS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.
Find Your Match
- Write down charades for half the guests. Duplicate the list for the other half of the guests. (Zebra/Zebra, Lion/Lion…) It can be random characters or they can have a theme (ie: animals, TV characters…).
- Have each child draw a paper out of a jar with one of the names. Then tell the kids to start acting out their characters. The goal is for each child to find their match. Kids are not aloud to talk -they can just do actions. When kids think they have found their match – they sit down in a circle and everyone goes around and says what they were. (This game can be fun for adults too.)
- This game can be played as a team or individually. Create your teams.
- Give each team 15-25 toothpicks and marshmallows.
- Teams have a set amount of time (5-10 minutes) to build the tallest tower using only the toothpicks and marshmallows.
Unwrap the Mystery Gift
- Before the party, wrap a gift with multiple layers of wrapping paper.
- Once the party starts, put all the kids in a circle and they pass the gift while the music is playing, when the music stops, the child holding the gifts unwraps a layer. Then start the music and continue until the child unwraps the last layer.
- The child that unwraps the last layer keeps the gift inside the box.
- Musical Chairs
- Egg & Spoon Race